Climate Equity and Your Wallet: Energy and Technology Assistance for Qualified California Residents
Climate equity is more than just about energy and clean air, it’s also about equitable access to information. The California Greenworks team attended a meeting with Southern California Edison, who shared numerous programs for public benefit.
There were many beneficial programs presented; below is a list of the relevant programs. All the programs have eligibility criteria that should be looked at before applying.
- CARE Program: The California Alternate Rates for Energy can reduce your energy bill by 30%.
- FERA: The Family Electric Rate Assistance can reduce electric bills by 18%.
Both the CARE and FERA programs have the same application. To begin your application, visit this link. Print versions are also available.
- Energy Savings Assistance Program: This program is designed to help households conserve energy and reduce rates by providing energy-efficient appliances at no charge or minimal charge (again, for qualified households). To apply, visit this link.
- Medical Baseline Allowance: This program is designed to help households that require the regular use of electrically-powered medical devices. The program provides an additional 16.5 kilowatt-hours of electricity per day, provided at the lowest baseline rate. The basic requirements include the regular use of any eclectically-powered medical/life-support equipment, a household with a life-threatening illness or compromised immune system, and the relevant resident is a full-time resident. To apply, visit this link.
- LIHEAP: The Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program is a federally funded program that assists low-income households that pay a high portion of their income to meet their energy needs. To learn more, please visit this link.
- COVID 19 Rent Relief: this program is in place until June 30, 2022. Although time is limited, it is worth a look, visit this link.
- Low-cost Internet and Computers: Depending on eligibility, you may be able to obtain low cost computers and internet at this link.
- Emergency Rental Assistance: This program offered through the Federal Treasurer Department offers assistance for eligible households for rent payment. Please visit this link.
CGW is dedicated to providing equity and opportunities for equity to our stakeholders. As we learn about various programs, we will immediately share them with our stakeholders.